The Weigle Information Commons receives frequent requests about transcription services. This is not a service we provide at present. We have compiled a list of options below. Please note that Penn Libraries does not endorse any of these vendors.
Fee-based Transcription Services
- Cielo24 - quick turnaround on human transcription.
- Linguistic Data Services - transcription and translation. Linguistic Data Consortium has worked with them.
- Karasch and Associates - captioning and transcription. Weingarten Learning Resources Center has worked with them.
- Automatic Sync Technologies - focuses on captioning but also arranges for transcript creation.
- Datagain - provides transcription for several large universities. Has been used by Penn GSE staff.
Software and Tools for Transcription
- ExpressScribe - Free software for professional transcribers - controls playback speed.
- InqScribe - easy transcription software in use at Penn.
- TransAna - Inexpensive open source software for qualitative research.
- VideoANT - a free tool developed at the University of Minnesota for adding commentary, caption or transcript to any online video.