The categories are Basic Indexes, substance Identification information, Physical Properties, Spectra, Pharmacological Data , Ecotoxicology, Other, Reactions and Bibliography
- When you expand each category, the most popular choices will immediately be displayed, but you can click on the More+ button to see all of the rest of the choices in alphabetical order.
- It is also possible to search for the desired property using the search line directly above the list of possible search fields.
- Note: Some experimentation is necessary, different fields tend to name their properties in slightly differently ways
- Once you have located the property that you want, click on it to add it to the search in the center of the screen. All fields on the form will be combined using a Boolean AND operator, unless you change them.
You can select a different operator to combine your property fields by clicking the arrow next to the AND. The operators available are:
- AND allows you to search for both Term 1 and Term 2. Both terms must be present anywhere in the record for it to be retrieved.
- OR allows you to search for synonyms. A search for “Term 1 OR Term 2” will retrieve records that have either Term 1 or Term 2.
- NOT is the operator of exclusion. If you search for “Term 1 NOT Term 2”, you will retrieve all records containing Term 1 that do not also contain Term 2.
- PROXIMITY allows you to search for two terms within the same field of the record. If you search for “Boiling Point 1 PROXIMITY Boiling Point Pressure 2”, you will find only those records in which Boiling Point 1 was observed at Boiling Point Pressure 2.