The Library's subscription to the RefWorks service is only for current Penn students, faculty and staff. If you are leaving the University, you will lose access to your current RefWorks account. There are, however, several options available to you:
- Penn Alumni: If you are a student leaving the University because you are graduating, you are eligible for a RefWorks account through the RefWorks Alumni Program.
- Former Faculty, Staff, and Non-Alumni: If you are leaving the University but will not have the status of "Alumni", you are not eligible for an account through the RefWorks Alumni Program; however, there are several options available to you.
If you are a student leaving the University because you are graduating, you are eligible for a free RefWorks account through the RefWorks Alumni Program.
This is a separate account from your current Penn student account. You must sign-up for your new Alumni account by following the steps in this document: RefWorks Alumni Account.pdf
Your access to RefWorks is by Group Code. The Group Code for Alumni accounts is currently: RWAlumni
Former Faculty, Staff, and Non-Alumni
If you are leaving the University but will not have the status of "Alumni". You are not eligible for an account through the RefWorks Alumni Program; however, there are several options available to you:
- Continue to use RefWorks by purchasing your own personal or individual RefWorks account. See the web page at https://www.refworks.com/content/path_learn/purchase.asp for more information on this option.
- Transfer your RefWorks account to another institution's RefWorks subscription, if you are going to another university or college which also subscribes.
- Save the document references held within your RefWorks account in a format that can be imported into another software package such as Microsoft Excel, EndNote or Reference Manager. More information on these options is at: http://www.refworks.com/refworks2/help/Exporting_or_Backing_Up_a_Database.htm.
- Print out a complete set of all your RefWorks citations and notes for future use.
If you have further questions about any of these options, please feel free to contact one of the following librarians:
- Marcella Barnhart, Business Research Librarian, Lippincott Library
- Frank Campbell, Health Sciences Libraries Liaison
- Judith Currano, Chemistry Librarian
- Nick Okrent, Research & Instructional Services Librarian, Van Pelt Library
- Carlos Rodriguez, Liason/ Outreach. Medical Schoo