Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Delivery Services
Suspension of Privileges
Patrons may be blocked from borrowing, renewing or requesting for any of the following reasons:
- Fines of $25 or higher; Faculty threshold is $100 or higher
- One or more overdue recalled books
- Expired library record
- Courtesy patrons are blocked if they check out more than 20 books.
- Students with outstanding unpaid charges of $50 or higher will be referred to the Student Financial Office after one month.
- If your patron account does not contain a valid email address.
The Library's primary method of communication regarding your Library account is via e-mail. If you prefer that Library notices be sent to an e-mail address other than your .upenn.edu account, please contact us.
Report a change of address:
Please use one of the options below to update your mailing address of record, which is used as a secondary method of communication about your Library account.
- Penn students: Log on to Penn InTouch and select the Addresses link.
- Penn faculty and staff: Log on to U@Penn and select "My Profile" under Personal Resuorces, Health & Welfare.
- Courtesy Borrowers: contact us.
Back to Van Pelt Library Homepage
Contact us at the Van Pelt Library Circulation Desk:
For library account concerns or questions about building and database access, please e-mail us at: email@example.com