Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Requires Internet Explorer. Provides real-time and historical SEC EDGAR filings, scanned images of company annual reports, foreign exchange filings, and hard-copy SEC filings. Thomson One is the best online source for pre-EDGAR (pre-1993) filings.
EDGAR, the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system, performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
SEC Filings related to M&A
- 14D1 Tender offer filed with the SEC and the target company giving the terms of the offer and the acquirer company background.
- 14D9 Response to the tender offer filed with the SEC and the acquirer. Indicates whether offer is hostile or friendly and gives recommendation to the shareholders.
- DEFM14A - Merger proxy (details of the merger to be considered by shareholders).
- DEFM14C. Definitive information statement related to merger proxy
- 8-K. Used for unscheduled material events or corporate changes. Filed within 4 business days of qualifying events.
- S-4 Registration. Used to register securities that will be part of a business combination transaction. Contains the "Merger Proxy/Prospectus" (details of merger to be considered by shareholders).