Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
BlueJeans is one of the video conferencing software applications that the University of Pennsylvania licenses making it the preferred software for virtual meetings amongst the Penn community. To learn more about BlueJeans, explore the guide.
Joining a BlueJeans Meeting
- At the scheduled time, click on the bluejeans.com/xxxxx link provided by the librarian.
- Bluejeans will function better in Chrome or Firefox, but use any preferred or allowed browser. In Chrome or Firefox look for the "join with browser" link. You may not be able to download the BlueJeans app and could waste time configuring it.
- If you use Internet Explorer or Safari, you'll be required to grant permission to run the Blue Jeans Launcher.
- Select video and audio options. You do not need to have a webcam to participate. Audio options and screensharing are still available.
- Best practice in a meeting: plugin with a wired internet. If wireless is only option, ensure you are in a good wifi signal area.
- Use a headset with mic for best audio results (ear-buds if you don't have headsets). Don't also dial in by phone, as multiple audio sources can create an echo. If using a speaker, don't turn the volume up too loud.
- If you do not have audio options on your computer, select the Phone Audio option and dial in using the number and connection code provided. You can also request that the system call you: the call will be identified with a Saratoga, CA phone number.
- Type in your name in the box provided, and you'll be placed into the meeting. If the librarian is not there, they'll be there shortly!