Please consult the 2019 Global Go To Think Tank Report pages 168-249 for complete lists of all the think tanks. Consult pages 33-39 for a detailed explanation of the metrics and qualifications for the various categories displayed below.
These are the top 10 think tanks established in the last 18 months.
These are the top 10 think tanks with the most innovative policy ideas and proposals.
These are the top 10 think tanks with the greatest impact on public policy worldwide.
These are the top 10 think tanks with annual operating budgets of less than $5 million USD.
Here are the top ten best managed think tanks for 2019.
These are the top 10 think tanks with the strongest transdisciplinary research programs.
These are the top 10 think tanks with the best external relations and public engagement.
1. Wilson Center, FKA Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars – United States
2. Center for Strategic and International Studies -- United States
5. Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) – Japan
6. Azerbaijan Center for Economic and Social Development – Azerbaijan
7. Brookings Institution – U.S.
8. Chinese Academy of Social Science – China
9. East West Center – United States
These are the top 10 think tanks with the best use of the media (print & electronic) to communicate about their programs and research.
These are the top 10 think tanks with the best use of the Internet.
These are the top ten think tanks recognized for having the best advocacy campaigns in 2019.
These are the top 10 think tanks with outstanding policy-oriented public policy research programs.
Here are the top ten think tanks that are collaborations between multiple countries for 2019.
Here are the top ten network think tanks for 2019.
These are the top ten think tanks to watch for in 2019.
These are the top ten think tanks for quality assurance and integrity policies and procedures for 2019.
1. RAND Corporation -- United States
2. Transparency International (TI) -- Germany
4. Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs – United States
5. Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) – Canada
6. Ecologic Institute – Germany
7. Institute for Security Studies – South Africa
These are the top 10 think tanks affiliated with political parties.
These are the top 10 think tanks affiliated with governments around the world.
These are the top ten think tanks who most effectively used social media and networks.
Center for Strategic and International Studies -- United States
These are the top ten independent think tanks.
1. Brookings Institution-Tsinghua Center for Public Policy (BTC) – China
2. European Institute, London School of Economics and Political Science – United Kingdom
3. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Tsinghua Center, Tsinghua University – China
4. East Asian Institute (EAI), National University of Singapore – Singapore
5. Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies, George Washington University – United States
6. Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University – Japan
7. Edwin O. Reischauer Center for East Asian Studies, SAIS, Johns Hopkins University – United States
8. Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), Oxford University – United Kingdom
9. Asia Pacific Institute, Waseda University – Japan
10. Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies, Harvard University – United States