Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Microfilm Collections at Penn
- ACT-UP/New York Records (Microtext Call Number: Microfilm 4552, guide to collection: http://microformguides.gale.com/BrowseGuide.asp?colldocid=2000000&Page=1
- Margaret Sanger Papers, includes Planned Parenthood (Microfilm: 4455 and 4456; guides available)
- Emma Goldman Papers (microfilm 4422)
- Papers of Eleanor Roosevelt, 1933-1945 (Van Pelt Microtext Center: Microfilm 3696)
- President's Commission on the Status of Women (Van Pelt Microtext Center: Microfilm 4489)
- Sex & sexuality, 1640-1940: literary, medical and sociological perspectives (Van Pelt Microtext Center: Microfilm 4420)
- Sex research: early literature from statistics to erotica / Alfred C Kinsey Institute for Sex Research Library (Van Pelt Microtext Center: Microfilm 4381)
Special Collections at Penn
Other Local Libraries
- American Philosophical Society, American Eugenics Society Records. http://www.amphilsoc.org/mole/view?docId=ead/Mss.575.06.Am3-ead.xml
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Library/Archive, William Way Community Center, 1315 Spruce St. For information about the collections, see: http://dla.library.upenn.edu/dla/pacscl/search.html?fq=top_repository_facet%3A%22John%20J.%20Wilcox%20Jr.%20GLBT%20Archives%20of%20Philadelphia%22 Note: hours are limited—appointments required.
- Temple University Library, Special Collections, Urban Archives: Philadelphia reproductive rights organizations (NARAL, CHOICE, Planned Parenthood), rape crisis organizations (Tell-A-Woman Switchboard, Women Organized Against Rape) http://library.temple.edu/collections/urbana/?bhcp=1