Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Events and Outreach Group
The Events and Outreach Working group can provide assistance in a number of ways:
- Event Planning Consultation
- Outreach/Promotion Consultation
- Design Consultation
- Referral Service
- ...and more!
Feel free to contact any one of our members for more information.
Expenses and Supplies
Library staff have a few contacts and resources for handling supplies and other expenses. Each contact/resource should be approached in the following order:
- Your Supervisor - All library staff are required to get approval from their supervisor for all event and outreach budgets. That person should be your first and primary contact.
- The Events/Outreach Supply closet - Library staff have access to a supply closet stocked with items you can use for your event. Visit the Lippincott Reference Desk to check out the key.
- The Penn Libraries Business Office - Once a budget is approved, they can provide assistance should you need to make any other purchases.
Contact the Vitale Digital Media Lab to...
- Print posters
- Borrow equipment
- Get help with creative software
- Record a video in the studio
**Please note that there is no person or department officially tasked with designing and producing materials and media for Penn Libraries events and outreach efforts.**
In most cases, someone on your team needs to create your materials or an outside vendor needs to be contacted. Fortunately, there are many colleagues and departments that can help provide some level of design-related service or assistance. These services and the level of assistance offered may vary. Please contact Dorothy Espalto for more information.
Logistics and Catering
Contact Aleta Arthurs to...
- Help plan and/or coordinate event logistics and catering details
- Request event catering and housekeeping
- Reserve most large meeting rooms and spaces in Van Pelt
- Request event-related furniture or the rearrangement of furniture meeting spaces
- Request any third-party event vendor service or supply (ie. balloons, decor, lighting, etc.)
Contact Sal Caputo to...
- Ensure guest access during restricted hours
- Handle emergencies during your event
Contact the Library Help Desk to...
- request on-site tech assistance
- set up audio/video hardware
- ensure adequate wifi connectivity
- provide electrical supplies
- test your technical set-up