Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Level Up
Everyone is an expert at something and Penn students are no exception. Library staff have been impressed by the skills, tips, and tricks students show us all the time so we thought we needed to give students a platform to share their skills and knowledge with a wider audience. If you've ever thought to yourself, "This is amazing! I need to show other people how to do this!" then we invite you to apply and level up!
Level Up is a new program for Penn undergraduate and graduate students that pays students to lead workshops in Making, Digital Media and Design, and Research Tools and Technology.
We are seeking student workshop leaders. Library staff will work closely with Level Up workshop leaders to develop a successful workshop plan and provide all the support necessary to ensure a successful workshop. All you need is a great workshop idea!
- Money to teach what you love
- Custom coaching for your workshop
- Exposure to build your portfolio
Workshop Tracks and Example Topics
We are seeking topics that reflect what you are excited about and good at. Below are a few examples to get your mind started.
Design and Digital Media Track
- Design and Digital Media (e.g. animation, research posters, podcasting, branding, palette design)
- Getting started with After Effects
- How to Make an Engaging Research Poster
- Removing Your Ex and Their Shadow: Intensive Photo Editing
- Basic Color Theory for Your Brand
- Making (e.g. robots, games, apps, buttons, sewing, 3D modeling)
- Intro to Photogrammetry
- Game Design: Characters
- Creating a Protest Button
Research Tools and Technology Track
- Research Tools and Technology (e.g. archival photography, visualizations, R, Excel, Zotero)
- Writing Up in R Markdown
- Pivot Tables in Excel
- Zero Stress Zotero
- PowerNotes Tricks and Tips
How to Apply
Applications for Spring 2020 are closed.
- Level Up is only open to current students at the University of Pennsylvania
- Undergraduate AND graduate students are invited to apply
- No previous teaching or workshop leading experience necessary
Have questions? Contact Katie Rawson (email@example.com).
What Level Up Leaders Receive
Level Up Student Workshop Leaders receive:
- Workshop teaching training
- Consultation on your workshop plan
- Workshop promotion through the Penn Libraries
- Workshop space and supplies
- Improved skills in teaching, presentation, and public speaking
- Compensation for workshop training, prep, and teaching time