27th Ezra Pound International Conference
Monday, 19 June – Friday, 23 June, 2017
News and Upcoming Events
THURSDAY, JUNE 22
12:30 pm – 2:00: Lunch, Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall
2:15 pm – 5:30: Optional visit to Jenkintown and Wyncote, 34th and Walnut for buses
SIGHTS TO CONSIDER
For a comprehensive guide to local attractions and their relevance to the four poets, click the image below to access the PDF of "Some Sights to Consider Visiting in Philadelphia," written by Emily Mitchell Wallace.
CONFERENCE MOBILE APP
The EPIC 2017 conference app is now available for Android and iOS systems. Follow these steps to download it:
- Download Guidebook on the device you want to use to access the app (smartphone, tablet, etc.).
- Google Play Store (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guidebook.android&hl=en
- Apple Store (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guidebook/id428713847?mt=8
- More information about downloading Guidebook: http://guidebook.com/getit
- Open Guidebook.
- You may create a Guidebook account or log into an existing one, but this is not required to download the EPIC app. To download without creating an account, press the X in the top left.
- Click the "Enter Passphrase" button at the top of the page. Enter the passphrase "leapinglikedolphins".
- Follow the prompts to download the EPIC 2017 app.
If you have any questions about the app, please contact the conference organizers at email@example.com.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION FOR PRESENTERS
For those presenters who are planning to use PowerPoint slides or some other web based application, eg. Prezi or Microsoft Word, the Conference Organizers would like to provide the following guidelines for your benefit. It is our goal to insure that your presentation will go off without a hitch.
- The Kislak Center conference facility is equipped with state of the art technology. Each of the session rooms, Pavilion, Kislak 625 and Kislak 626/627, include:
- Windows based computers;
- Wireless network connections;
- Overhead projectors and screens;
- Connecting cables to hook up a laptop (Mac or Windows-based laptops).
- If your PowerPoint is ready, please email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your file will be loaded onto the machine in the room designated in the program for your presentation.
- Alternatively, if your presentation is not ready, please arrive fifteen minutes before your session starts to allow conference staff to upload your presentation on the computer or hook your laptop up to the system.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding EPIC technology, please send us an email at email@example.com. Please include "technology" in your subject line.
On behalf of our EPIC Co-Conveners, the EPIC Committee, and the staff of the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts, we would like to welcome you to the 27th Ezra Pound International Conference. Although the Penn campus has changed considerably since the first decade of the 20th century, when Ezra Pound was awarded an M.A. and William Carlos Williams an M.D. at the 1906 Commencement, and Hilda Doolittle a Certificate for her year in the Women's College Course for Teachers, 1908-09, most of the buildings familiar to the three poets still stand, among them College Hall, Houston Hall, Furness Library, the dormitories in the Quad and Triangle, the University Museum, and Franklin Field. According to Great American Universities by Edwin E. Slosson (1910), Penn had more beautiful buildings than the thirteen other universities in his book combined. During the conference, you will have opportunities to explore the campus, visit Philadelphia's historic sites, and share what we have come to call "Philadelphia Genius." The conference co-chairs have crafted an intellectually challenging program and events that we hope will introduce you to the wonders of the City of Brotherly Love. Enjoy your stay in Philadelphia!
David McKnight and Emily Mitchell Wallace
Co-Conveners, 2017 EPIC Conference