To Support your Teaching:
Canvas course management software is hosted by the Penn Library
To support student learning, the Library can
- Make presentations to your classes about what information resources and strategies can help them complete course assignments, research projects, etc.
- Create web-based resource pages to assist with research and completion of assignments (these, too, can be linked into a course web site)
- Incorporate information literacy/lifelong learning competencies into your course and assignments
- Guide students on how to find peer-reviewed research results, and evaluate information
- Assist with preventing and detecting plagiarism
- Offer discipline-specific orientations to new graduate students
- Scan course materials, readings, problem set solutions, etc., and upload to your course web site
- Put books and other materials on reserve for your students--we'll order books if Penn Library doesn't own them. Lauren Gala, Math/Physics/Astronomy Librarian (215-746-0228, firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
To Support Your Research:
- Electronic Information Resources Explore our Mathematics and Physics and Astronomy digital databases, e-journals, e-books, e-reference works, and more. Full Listing
- FacultyEXPRESS delivers requested materials electronically or to your departmental office, for all standing faculty.
- New Books Plus allows you to virtually peruse new books received, either by subject area or by campus library
- Penn Library Delivers Items from other campus libraries are delivered to the Math/Physics/Astronomy Library for your convenient pick-up
- Workshops targeted to the Penn sci-tech researcher, the Science & Engineering Libraries offer learning sessions for a variety of databases and other electronic products
- BorrowDirect and EZBorrow are "expedited interlibrary loan" services; most books arrive within 4 working days.
- Interlibrary Loan If you need a book or journal article that neither Penn nor any of its Borrow Direct partners owns, the Library's Interlibrary Loan department will be happy to help you obtain it in a timely fashion.
- Need Proxy Borrowers? Up to 5 Penn people can be designated as proxy borrowers for you. See the Faculty Proxy Borrower Registration page for details
- One-on-one personalized research consultations/orientations in your office or at the library. Contact Lauren Gala, Math/Physics/Astronomy Librarian (215-746-0228, email@example.com) for assistance.