Penn faculty and students interested in developing a digital journal may schedule a consultation to discuss publication paths with university presses.
Consultations can cover advising on:
- Publication scope
- Platform decisions
- Selecting digital tools and enhancements
- Putting together an editorial board
- Establishing editorial workflows
- Peer review
Penn Libraries has many resources for supporting multimodal and digital journals, both for starting a new journal or for transitioning an existing journal to a digital format.
There are currently two main options for publishing digital journals supported by Penn Libraries:
- Scholarly Commons: The institutional repository with features for creating a home page for your journal, depositing PDFs of journal content, organizing by issue, and publishing open access.
- Manifold: A multimodal digital publishing platform with the ability to embed video, audio, and image files, integrate interactive tools, organize by issue, and publish open access.