Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Researching and Locating Employment in Chemistry: Determining the Range of Research of an Individual or Academic Institution

This guide directs users to some common job boards for chemists and chemical engineers. In addition, though, it teaches the user to search for corporations or individuals researching in a particular field of interest, and shows users how to locate company

Range of Research for an Individual

There are several methods to determining the range of research of an individual scientist or of an academic institution

  • Visit the the scientist's or university department's Web page. Pay attention to awards, fellowships and grants the individual has received. Look for journals in which the scientist has published to understand how his or her research is received by the community.

Range of research for an Academic Institution

  • It is more difficult to research an academic institution than it is to research an individual, consider using the following methods