Conference events will be held at the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center, located on College Green (3420 Walnut Street). The following resources offer details about the accessibility of campus buildings and spaces.
- The visitor information page for the library provides information on accessing the building (entrances, hours, visitor policies).
- Visit Accessibility information for the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center for details on the wheelchair accessible entrance, assistive technology, and bathrooms. During normal library hours, Penn-affiliated attendees have card-swipe access at the wheelchair accessible entrance. For attendees not affiliated with Penn, or for access to the library before the usual opening time on weekends, please ring the doorbell and a security guard will open the door (we apologize for the inconvenience of the wait).
- All library floors and exhibition galleries are accessible by elevator (see library floor plans). If you enter through the wheelchair accessible entrance, turn left and proceed through the student study area to the bank of elevators to reach the sixth-floor conference space.
- PennAccess lists the accessibility features of all university buildings and grounds. Use the dropdown menu to download more information about specific buildings.
- The library provides room-by-room information for event spaces. Each room has a page with accessibility info (such as the nearest accessible and gender-neutral bathrooms, at the bottom), including for the Class of 1978 Orrery Pavilion, where the majority of conference events will take place.
The closest hotel to the conference venue is the Inn at Penn (3600 Sansom Street). The Sheraton University City is one block further away (3549 Chestnut Street).
Please contact the conference organizers for additional information or with any questions regarding accessibility.