Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Don't Have a 3D Model?
This guide gets you started if you already have a 3D model ready to display. To learn how to generate 3D models, and where you can get them for free, check out our 3D modelling and printing guide.
Import a 3D model into AR or VR
- Already have a 3D model saved as an .obj or .fbx file? This guide will walk you through the process of importing that model into Unity for use with the Oculus Rift, Hololens, or mobile app
- We will also point you towards resources at the Penn Libraries and beyond for exploring the creation of Immersive Environments
Incorporate Unity into a Course Project
- This lightweight introduction to using Unity can be completed in a few hours and can offer an immersive alternative to a traditional 2D visualization
- Contact us for more information about in-course workshops
Find Resources for AR & VR on Campus
- The library can connect you with a variety of AR & VR technologies including the Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, and Microsoft Hololens
- Contact us for more information about how to access these tools!
Guide Co-Author: Caroline Lachanski, Digital Scholarship Intern