Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The process of using NVivo for Literature Reviews can include:
- Collecting your articles, ideally using a Citation Manager
- Importing the citations from your citation manager or bibliography into NVivo
- Importing the full-text PDFs of your articles into NVivo
- Coding your article using themes and keywords
- Using NVivo's queries to auto-code segments of your articles
- Using Memos to annotate and manage your reading process
- Using codes to select sentences for quoting and paraphrasing
- Using memos to draft your literature review
Often the literature review process is inherently iterative, and will include importing and exporting to other formats. You may need to use OCR software to make some of your articles searchable by NVivo.