Important! The following must be done before your appointment time. Appointments are tightly scheduled.
- Format your file: PDF preferred for a better and quicker service.
- Bring your file on a USB stick. Please bring the PDF as well as the original, editable file (.ppt or other), in case more editing is needed.
Attention CHOP patrons: we cannot read your encrypted USB drives, so please email us or yourself your file instead. If your file is too big to email, you can upload it to Dropbox and share it with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other acceptable formats: .jpg, .gif, .tiff. No KEYNOTE, MS Publisher, or LaTeX files, sorry!
2) Schedule your appointment
- Please allow 1 business day between your scheduled appointment and when you need to pick up your poster. Posters are usually ready much faster, but we depend on specialized machines and things sometimes happen that are out of our control. Bottom line: we cannot guarantee that you will be able to pick up your poster on the same day, so please do not schedule your appointment a few hours before flying out to a conference!
- Please do not make appointments you cannot keep. Before conferences we are booked to capacity and it is not fair to sit around waiting for you when we can be helping other patrons. If your plans change, kindly send us a note to cancel your appointment as early as possible so we can open the slot for someone else.
- We recommend scheduling one appointment per poster unless you are certain that your file will not require much editing.
no appointments available? Check out the print-by-email option!
3) When you arrive
- Come to the Poster Printing office (G14, Biomedical Library ground floor) at your appointment time. Please arrive on time. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule.
- We will load your file onto our workstation and review the file with you to make sure it is the correct size and format. It is up to you to make sure the file looks the way you want it before you arrive. We will not be responsible for errors that are consistent with the file. Please make sure you proofread your poster before the file is sent to the printer (our staff will give you the time to do so).
- Posters can take anywhere from a few minutes to 2 hours or more to print. Please budget 30 minutes for your active appointment time, not including printing. In most cases you will need to come back later in the day to pick up your poster.
- Credit Card (Mastercard / Visa only)
- Departmental Account Number:
- Invoice (CLICK HERE) with a 26-Digit Budget number, signed and EMBOSSED by the department's business administrator. The invoice needs to have the original embossing - faxed or scanned copies will not be accepted.
- We are sorry but we cannot process CHOP departmental accounts, unless these include 26 digits. CHOP patrons are advised to pay by credit card and request reimbursement from their department.
- Business administrators! We no longer accept Departmental Copy Cards. But if many people from your department plan on printing their posters with us, we can create a mass invoice for you so that you don't have to approve separate requests. Just send your department's information and the list of names of the people who will use our service to email@example.com.
PennCash NOT currently accepted, sorry! We recommend to use a credit card and get reimbursed by your department. If this is not an option, you may want to check out the poster printer at the Vitale Digital Media lab.
For more details, please see our FAQ.