Federal response to radicalism in the 1960s
Date range: 1956-1971. 602 folders (87,391 images).
Compiles independent subcollections:
• COINTELPRO: The counterintelligence program of the FBI. Covers CPUSA, New Left, Socialist Workers Party, White Hate Groups, Black Nationalist Hate Groups, Cuban Matters, Mexican Border Coverage, Puerto Rican Independence Groups, Yugoslav Emigres, Espionage, Hoodwink, Special Operations.
• FBI file on Abbie Hoffman.
• FBI file on Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers.
• FBI file on the Brown Berets (Los Boinas Cafes).
• FBI file on the fire bombing and shooting at Kent State University.
• FBI File on the Students for a Democratic Society and the Weatherman Underground Organization.