For instructions on how to use the Library Delivery Service go directly to:
Here you'll find specific instructions and details how about to use Penn Delivers and how to track the status of your requests.
[NOTE: you must search for an item in Franklin before placing a request].
For more information, or if you have any problems using the system, please contact a member of the staff of the Library at the Katz CAJS at (215) 238-1290.
- Library Delivery is a delivery service provided by the Penn Libraries to its faculty, staff, students and visiting fellows. It allows patrons to request delivery of on-shelf circulating items from one Penn library to another. This means you can have, for example, a book at the Museum Library delivered to the Library at the Katz Center; similarly, patrons also are able to request the delivery of a CAJS library book to, for example, the Fischer Fine Arts Library, from Van Pelt to the Library at the Katz Center, etc... Deliveries to and from the Library at the Katz Center and the campus libraries operate three times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- You must first obtain and register your Penn ID card.
- Search Franklin, the online catalog, for a specific item.
- Display the individual record.
- Click on the "Place Requests" tab at the top of the screen.
- Enter the last 10 digits of your Penn ID card.
- Enter your last name.
- From the Request menu, select "Deliver to another library."
- Follow the instructions on the form.
- Deliveries are made to the Library at the Katz CAJS every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. As with local loans, items that have been requested for delivery will be charged to your Penn card library account.