Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
See the Libraries' COVID-19 page for the latest updates on library services.
What is BorrowDirect?
BorrowDirect is a direct request service for books from Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Yale, and the Center for Research Libraries.
- Search multiple library collections simultaneously; place your own requests
- Fast delivery in 3 - 5 days
- Track request progress online and by email sent to you
- Searching and discovery: Keyword and advanced author, title, and subject searching, in an updated interface.
- Loan period: 16 weeks, no renewals.
- Integration with your Library account: BorrowDirect books will be charged on your account just like Penn books. Please note: late fines of $1/day will apply.
- Account information: In addition to automatic email notification, you can view and track items borrowed using the "My Account" feature in BorrowDirect.
- Delivery options: Books may be delivered to any Penn Library for pick-up.
- Linking to Interlibrary Loan: Requests for books that cannot be supplied by BorrowDirect may be passed directly to Interlibrary Loan.
CONNECT TO BORROWDIRECT
Library Delivery Services