What is BorrowDirect?
BorrowDirect is a direct request service for books from Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Yale, and the Center for Research Libraries.
- Searching and discovery: Keyword and advanced author, title, and subject searching, in an updated interface.
- Loan period: 16 weeks, no renewals.
- Integration with your Library account: BorrowDirect books will be charged on your account just like Penn books. Please note: late fines of $1/day will apply.
- Account information: In addition to automatic email notification, you can view and track items borrowed using the "My Account" feature in BorrowDirect.
- Delivery options: Books may be delivered to any Penn Library for pick-up.
- Linking to Interlibrary Loan: Requests for books that cannot be supplied by BorrowDirect may be passed directly to Interlibrary Loan.