See the Libraries' COVID-19 page for the latest updates on library services.
The BorrowDirect service is suspended. Requests for electronic articles and book chapters can be submitted. To expedite delivery, please submit no more than one book chapter per request. Requests for copies of entire books should be submitted via purchase request: https://faq.library.upenn.edu/friendly.php?slug=purchaserequests
What is BorrowDirect?
BorrowDirect is a direct request service for books from Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Yale, and the Center for Research Libraries.
- Searching and discovery: Keyword and advanced author, title, and subject searching, in an updated interface.
- Loan period: 16 weeks, no renewals.
- Integration with your Library account: BorrowDirect books will be charged on your account just like Penn books. Please note: late fines of $1/day will apply.
- Account information: In addition to automatic email notification, you can view and track items borrowed using the "My Account" feature in BorrowDirect.
- Delivery options: Books may be delivered to any Penn Library for pick-up.
- Linking to Interlibrary Loan: Requests for books that cannot be supplied by BorrowDirect may be passed directly to Interlibrary Loan.