FacultyEXPRESS is a service offered by the Penn Library to standing, tenure-track faculty.
- Delivery of circulating Penn Library books to faculty members' home addresses via Books by Mail or available for Pickup@Penn at the Van Pelt Library
- Web delivery of articles, papers, and book excerpts from the Penn collections
- Standing, tenure-track faculty, as identified by their respective schools, are eligible for delivery service. Currently, this includes Annenberg School for Communication, School of Arts and Sciences, School of Design, Graduate School of Education, School of Engineering and Applied Science , School of Dental Medicine, School of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Social Policy and Practice, and School of Veterinary Medicine faculty.
- We will ship items via courier Monday through Friday.
- Articles from the Penn Library collections can usually be delivered via the web within two to three days.
The request form is available from a variety of places, depending on where you are searching:
- In Franklin, find the book you would like to have delivered. Log in with your PennKey and Password in the upper right corner of the page. After logging in, click Books by Mail (must pre-register) or Pickup@Penn depending on your delivery preference. The bibliographic information will automatically fill in the request form.
- From PennText, whether starting from Article Finder or a library database search, select the Document Delivery option from the PennText menu after you find a citation. Log in using your PennKey and Password.
- Standing, tenure-track faculty will see FacultyEXPRESS in the sidebar of this page. Select either "Request Article" or "Request Book." In the form, fill out the citation information.
- No matter which process you use, you will automatically be presented with the correct request form for the FacultyEXPRESS service.
What if I already have a citation?
- For articles, in the sidebar of this page, under FacultyEXPRESS, click Request Article.
- For books, in the sidebar of this page, under FacultyEXPRESS, click Request Book.
Can BorrowDirect, E-ZBorrow and Interlibrary Loan books currently on hold be delivered to me?
- Yes. Please email FacultyEXPRESS at email@example.com to let us know whether you with to use Pickup@Penn or Books by Mail for delivery.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.