See the Libraries' COVID-19 page for the latest updates on library services.
At this time E-ZBorrow has resumed limited service with more than half of its 60+ partners now active.
The pickup location for physical materials during fall 2020 is Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center. We can also mail books to members of the Penn community who have registered for Books by Mail. Because many of our partner libraries are facing restrictions in staffing and physical access to buildings where collections are house, turnaround times will vary.
What is E-ZBorrow?
E-ZBorrow is a direct request service for books from over 60 academic libraries in Pennsylvania and nearby states
- Searching and discovery: Keyword and advanced author, title, and subject searching, in an updated interface.
- Loan period: 12 weeks, no renewals.
- Integration with your Library account: E-ZBorrow books will be charged on your account just like Penn books. Please note: late fines of $1/day will apply.
- Account information: In addition to automatic email notification, you can now view and track items borrowed using the "My Account" feature in E-ZBorrow.
- Delivery options: Books may be delivered to any Penn Library for pick-up.
- Linking to Interlibrary Loan: Requests for books that cannot be supplied by E-ZBorrow may be passed directly to Interlibrary Loan.