See the Libraries' COVID-19 page for the latest updates on library services.
The University of Pennsylvania Libraries are currently closed and there is no access to our physical collections. The same is true for many of our resource sharing partners. The E-ZBorrow service is suspended during the closure. Requests for electronic articles and book chapters can be submitted. To expedite delivery, please submit no more than one book chapter per request. Requests for copies of entire books should be submitted via purchase request: https://faq.library.upenn.edu/friendly.php?slug=purchaserequests
What is E-ZBorrow?
E-ZBorrow is a direct request service for books from over 60 academic libraries in Pennsylvania and nearby states
- Searching and discovery: Keyword and advanced author, title, and subject searching, in an updated interface.
- Loan period: 12 weeks, no renewals.
- Integration with your Library account: E-ZBorrow books will be charged on your account just like Penn books. Please note: late fines of $1/day will apply.
- Account information: In addition to automatic email notification, you can now view and track items borrowed using the "My Account" feature in E-ZBorrow.
- Delivery options: Books may be delivered to any Penn Library for pick-up.
- Linking to Interlibrary Loan: Requests for books that cannot be supplied by E-ZBorrow may be passed directly to Interlibrary Loan.