Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Zotero?
Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, open-source, easy-to-use citation management tool to help you collect, organize, and cite your research sources. It lives right where you do your work in the web browser itself. Zotero allows you to attach PDFs, notes and images to your citations, organize them into collections for different projects, and create bibliographies. You can use Zotero to
- Create a personal database online
- Import references automatically from most research databases and library catalogs
- Organize and annotate references
- Format references and bibliographies in Microsoft Word and other word processing program documents
- Format citations automatically in any of hundreds of styles, such as the Chicago Manual of Style, APA, and MLA
- Share your citations or collaborate with others online through Zotero Groups