Find a Specific Article
Search Franklin Articles+ by citation information (article title, author, DOI etc.) or use the PennText Article Finder
Request works owned by the Penn Libraries
Connect to the Franklin Catalog. Login (upper right corner)
Click the Show Availability Details Box for the desired work. This menu will display:
- Request - "Available" items, request delivery between Penn Libraries or from LIBRA storage.
- BorrowDIrect+ - request books from other Libraries (see below).
- Interlibrary Loan - request works from other Libraries not available through BorrowDirect+ (see below)
- Books by Mail - Have Penn print books sent to you. Registration required. You must live 75 miles from Penn and have an email address in the Penn Directory. | Policies.
- Place on Course Reserves - Faculty can have print works placed on reserves in Van Pelt or e-resources linked in Canvas.
- Scan and Deliver - Request PDF scans of print journal articles or up to 50 pages of a book. | Policies.
- Faculty Express - For Penn tenure-track faculty. | Policies
Request works not at the Penn Libraries
Borrow print books not at Penn. Keep for 12 weeks, no renewal, recorded on your Franklin Catalog account. On-site BorrowDirect borrowing | Borrow Direct Libraries | EZ Borrow Libraries)
⇒ Form to request print books or media not at Penn or via BD/EZ.
⇒ Form to request journal articles, book chapters not at Penn.